NOTE about Memberships: For ADDITIONAL- you must be of the same studio as a FULL Member. MILITARY must provide a copy of your Military ID. STUDENT Membership - must be enrolled in college in a photography program. RETIRED- must be retired from photography.
CODE OF ETHICS
A.6.2 Code of Ethics
● Create, foster, promote, and maintain cordial relations, a spirit of cooperation, and
the productive interchange of thought and opinion with other members.
● Refrain from speaking, writing, or publicly sharing negative or injurious comments
about the association or its members.
● Show a friendly spirit of cooperation and offer assistance to other photographers
and help them whenever it is appropriate.
● Exhibit integrity and a dignity of manner in all forms of public contact, in the
presentation of photography and photographic services, and in the presentation of
yourself and the studio or place of business.
● Observe the highest standard of honesty in all transactions, avoiding the use of
false, confusing, inaccurate, and misleading terms, descriptions, and claims.
● Endeavor to produce photographs of a quality equal or superior to the samples
displayed in your place of business, to apply your best efforts towards providing the
highest possible photographic craftsmanship.
● Refrain from the payment of “kickbacks” and/or commissions to persons, firms, and
organizations for influence with consumers where such person(s), firm(s), or
organization renders no service.
● Advertise only bona fide prices and products and to refrain from the use of “bait”
● Encourage other photographers, individually and collectively, to achieve and
maintain the highest standards of quality.
● Recognize the authority of this association in all matters relating to the
interpretation of the Code of Ethics in accordance with the statutes of North
Carolina and the United States and the decisions of courts and governmental
agencies of competent jurisdiction.